Norden: The New North Country STOL From Zlin
- New wing design optimized for speed in cruise configuration
- Double slotted flaps plus electric retractable leading edge slats add lift for extreme low-speed control
- Flattened landing flare lets you see the landing site
- Metal wing w/advanced airfoil designed for 1,760 lbs MTOW
- Basic empty weight approx. 910 lbs
- Fuel tank options up to 36 gallons
- Low fuel warning system
- Large optional carbon fiber cargo area w/external door
- Extended seating space & improved flight controls for comfort and command
- Forward-mounted infrastructure for hard braking
- Float attachment included in the airframe
- Optional shock absorber systems, including Acme Shock PRO
- Optional dual caliper braking
- Optional T3 or Acme Stinger tailwheel
- ROTAX 912ULS 100hp standard engine, other options available
What Makes A Better Bush Plane?
- Short takeoffs. There’s not much runway where we’re going.
- Quick climbout. To clear surrounding terrain.
- Short landings. The shorter the better.
- Tame landings. Good control with minimal touchdown rebound.
- Safe slow flight. Low stall speed, spin resistance.
- Easy to fly. Responsive controls & ergonomic design.
- Simple, strong construction, repairable in the field.
A Brief Video Intro To The Savage Norden STOL
Leading the way in STOL Sport Aircraft
We’ve come a long way since our Classic Savage took to the air in the mid-1990s. Twenty years of design and production, always listening to feedback from experienced bush pilots, have led to the development of the new Savage Norden.
In the languages of the north countries, Norden simply means North, the cardinal point on the compass, and the lands where bush flying has been perfected.
The Savage Norden embodies the sum of its designer’s vision, expectations, pilot feedback and trends in the STOL market. The elegant design incorporates innovations in safety, aerodynamics and performance, ergonomics, light weight and load capacity, reliability, strengh and functionality.
Flight testing is currently underway and we will publish more details on this site as they become available. Later this year we will introduce the Norden to the USA in the S-LSA category, a light sport aircraft for unlimited adventure.
Introductory Factory Pricing*
Introductory pricing will expire 3/31/2021. Let us know if you are considering a Zlin aircraft.
SportairUSA and Zlin Aviation are excited to announce very attractive introductory pricing on the new, ready to fly Nordens.
EUR 108,449 with ROTAX 912 (100hp)
EUR 123,051 with ROTAX 914 (115hp)
EUR 135,505 with ROTAX 915 (141hp)
The Norden is available with your choice of three engine installations.
The standard instrument panel features combo AS/VSI/ALT electronic flight instrumentation, Garmin Aera 760 GPS, electronic engine management, VHF com radio and transponder. A 406 mHz ELT is included.
New aircraft orientation and flight checkout will be provided by a certified flight instructor.
Further details are being finalized as flight testing continues. Transportation to the USA is not included in the base price.
*Your aircraft will be produced in the Czech Republic, so pricing is in Euros. Call us for up-to-date Euro:USD exchange rates and how to lock in your price with a deposit. Shipping costs are in addition, averaging $6,500 USD.
Call (501) 228-7777 for updates.
Savage aircraft are distributed in the USA by SportairUSA, LC, a pioneer in the light sport flying movement. We maintain an assembly and maintenance center at KORK North Litte Rock Municipal Airport in Central Arkansas, where we’ve been located for more than 20 years.
Savage aircraft are manufactured by Zlin Aviation, s.r.o. Located in Napajedla, Czech Republic.