Norden: The New North Country STOL From Zlin
- Standard ROTAX 915iS, turbocharged and intercooled, 141hp engine
- New wing design optimized for speed in cruise configuration
- Double slotted fowler flaps to 45 degrees
- Electric retractable leading edge slats add lift and balances the flaps for extreme low-speed control
- Flattened landing flare lets you see the landing site
- Metal wing w/advanced airfoil, load tested to over 4,000 lbs.
- Push rods and ball bearings for the frise ailerons mean light control pressures
- Basic empty weight less than 900 lbs
- Fuel tank designed for travel, 36 gallons useable
- Dual low fuel warning systems
- Large optional carbon fiber cargo area w/external aft access door
- Extended seating space & improved flight controls for comfort and command
- Forward-mounted heavy gear system for hard braking
- Float attachments included in the airframe
- Available Acme Shock PRO shock absorber systems
- Available dual caliper braking
- Available Bush T3 or Acme Stinger tailwheel
What Makes A Better Bush Plane?
- Short takeoffs. There’s not much runway where we’re going.
- Quick climbout. To clear surrounding terrain.
- Short landings. The shorter the better.
- Tame landings. Good control with minimal touchdown rebound.
- Safe slow flight. Low stall speed, spin resistance.
- Easy to fly. Responsive controls & ergonomic design.
- Simple, strong construction, repairable in the field.
A Brief Video Intro To The Savage Norden STOL
Leading the way in STOL Sport Aircraft
We’ve come a long way since our Classic Savage took to the air in the mid-1990s. Twenty years of design and production, always listening to feedback from experienced bush pilots, have led to the development of the new Savage Norden.
In the languages of the north countries, Norden simply means North, the cardinal point on the compass, and the lands where bush flying has been perfected.
The Savage Norden embodies the sum of its designer’s vision, expectations, pilot feedback and trends in the STOL market. The elegant design incorporates innovations in safety, aerodynamics and performance, ergonomics, light weight and load capacity, reliability, strengh and functionality.
Flight testing is currently underway and we will publish more details on this site as they become available. Later this year we will introduce the Norden to the USA in the S-LSA category, a light sport aircraft for unlimited adventure.
Our standard Norden is generously fitted out with equipment and features that are costly add-ons for other aircraft. Your Norden is delivered ready-to-fly STOL in the bush, and VFR in controlled airspace. The complete package price including the top engine choice is:
EUR 164,450 with ROTAX 915 (141hp)
Click the buttons below to download comprehensive lists of standard features & available options.
New aircraft orientation and flight checkout will be provided by a certified flight instructor.
Transportation to the USA is not included in the base price.
*Your aircraft is produced in the Czech Republic, so pricing is in Euros. Call us for up-to-date Euro:USD exchange rates and how to lock in your price with a deposit. Shipping costs are in addition, averaging $8,500 USD.
Call (501) 228-7777 for updates.
Jack Tests the New Savage Norden
Former fighter pilot ‘Jack’ Iannelli is an Italian Development Test Pilot for one of Europe’s major aerospace firms.
After a hard day flying for a living he heads back to the flight line and test-flies recreational aircraft for fun!
Jack’s professional write-ups are thorough and fascinating. Check out the links below for his review of the new Savage Norden.
Savage aircraft are distributed in the USA by SportairUSA, LC, a pioneer in the light sport flying movement. We maintain an assembly and maintenance center at KORK North Litte Rock Municipal Airport in Central Arkansas, where we’ve been located for more than 20 years.
Savage aircraft are manufactured by Zlin Aviation, s.r.o. Located in Napajedla, Czech Republic.